Travel and Funding Support
Branches have until February 15th 2024 to submit the Travel Reimbursement Form and request SoutheastCon Travel Rebate.
IEEE Region 3 Travel Policy Student Branch Travel to SoutheastCon (policy as of January 2024)
Region 3 budgets funds each year to help subsidize student branch travel to SoutheastCon. The amount of the student branch travel subsidy is computed according to the formula described below. Note that the purpose of the student branch travel subsidy is to offset the overall travel costs for the student branch, and is not meant for particular individuals. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Region Student Activities Chair (below).
Student branches must attend the SoutheastCon banquet in order to receive travel support. Branches must send a photo of their branch at the banquet to email@example.com to receive credit for attending the banquet.
The following is used to calculate the total student branch travel subsidy.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the rate specified in the Expense Reimbursement Guidelines for IEEE Volunteers [the rate authorized by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS)].
Additional Branch Funding Potentials (to cover expenses):
- Branch Chair at $50/day, 2.5 days maximum, contingent on attendance at the Student Branch Leadership Training meeting.
- Branch Counselor at $50/day, 2.5 days maximum, contingent on attendance at the Branch Counselor Training meeting.
- Onsite Student Competition participant (one per branch) at $50/day, 2.5 days maximum.
- For SoutheastCon 2024, additional $200 per branch contingent on attendance at the industry night event on Thursday March 21st 2024. Branches must send a photo of their branch at industry night to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive credit for attending industry night.